A versatile senior designer with in-depth experience working with clients and in-house teams to find strong creative solutions to design problems. Accomplished in the areas of typography, layout, branding, logo design, illustration, and web design. Extensive knowledge of digital pre-press and offset printing processes.
Proficiency with Adobe CC:
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Dreamweaver. Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, UI & UX, and WordPress.
The Seattle Times
Graphic Designer • 2014 – current
Senior graphic designer responsible for daily graphic design content for an in-house marketing agency at The Seattle Times. Worked regularly on ads, interactive content, layout, and production materials. Recipient of the 2016 Big M Winner award. Developed graphic design projects that increased client transactions by as much as $50k a month.
• Spearheaded design and layout for in-house publications
• Collaborated with clients on print and online advertising
• Composed HTML email ad campaigns
• Provided Illustrations for ads and publications
• Edited video and motion graphics
Design and Illustration • ongoing
Sample clients: Modern Dog, Uncivilized Books, Zipline Games, Microsoft, Plexipixel, Seattle Weekly, Abrams, Simon & Schuster, etc.
• Creative collaboration on art direction,
branding & identity, logos, and packaging
• Consulted on UX/UI and wireframes
• Game development
Illustrator and Designer • 2006 – 2009
• Art concepts, animations, logos, and final art assets for games
• Worked with licensed IP such as Hasbro and others
• Art lead
Jones Radio Networks
Graphic Designer • 2000 – 2006
• Provided identity and branding for
nationally syndicated radio personalities
• Composed corporate marketing materials
• Initiated CD packaging for in-house products
Sam Houston State University
B.F.A. / Graphic Design & Studio Arts
Ongoing Adobe software training
Shoreline Community College
Packaging & graphic design
School of Visual Concepts
Design & art studies
• Served as the Illustrator Coordinator for the Western Washington region of the SCBWI (Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators), organizing exhibits, workshops, and opportunities for 800+ members. Currently serving as a co-coordinator for the Tacoma network of SCBWI-WWA.